The government has allocated KSh.1 billion (US$ 12million) for re-carpeting of Kisumu-Busia Highway, Roads minister Franklin Bett has said.
The road connects East and Central African countries. Bett made the remarks at the Busia bus park during a familiarization tour yesterday. He said the re-carpeting of the busy highway will also include the establishment of tracks for motorbikes, bicycles and pedestrians. The road connects East and Central African countries.
He noted that the highway has extensively been damaged byoverloaded trucks ferrying goods to and from the neighboring countries. He instructed traffic police department to ensure overloading of the long distance vehicles is curbed once and for all.
- Construction work on road linking Kenya and Burundi complete
- Construction of the Kenya-Uganda dual carriageway commences
- Refurbishment of the R510 road in South Africa complete
- Nigeria completes 88 road projects in line with 2017 budget
- Ghana to kick off dualization of Accra-Kumasi Road by end of 2018