The former Head of Anglo American Platinum Neville Nicolau has been named as the new CEO of Basil Read Construction and Engineering Group.
He comes in as a replacement for Des Hughes, who was the acting CEO for the company for the financial year 2013 after Marius Heyns’ retirement, and will take office starting September.
According to Global Credit Ratings (GCR) who majorly rates the profile of Basil Read, the main concern was the fact that the company lacks permanent appointments to its Executive Team, something which is not right.
Mr Nicolau comes in as an experienced executive from the mining industry where Basil Read offers a range of services.
His recent role as CEO of Anglo American Platinum was from 2008 to 2012. He was initially the Chief Operating Officer of Anglo Gold Ashanti.
Lester Peteni who is the Chairman of the Board of Basil Read noted that Mr Nicolau is well known across South African industries, and his experience in leadership and other roles are recognized too.
The board was, therefore, confident that this, together with his knowledge of the management team, will add energy to the company’s policy.
- Three wind farms in South Africa to recieve US$73m World Bank support
- South Africa to construct its US $1m first solar-powered desal plant
- South Africa to commission first solar-powered desalination plant
- 132 MWp solar power projects to be constructed in South Africa
- South Africa to develop 2000 ha Ntshongweni urban project