Nedbank has officially opened another 4 – star rated building in Roodepoort. This new green building becomes an addition into sustainability projects launched by the financial services group. The rating is given by the Green Building Council of South Africa (BGCSA).
The Head of Property Services for Nedbank Group, Charl de Kock, noted that the financial group’s vision is to be a sustainability leader in South Africa, an reason they had the new office space green building constructed.
Nedbank Lakeview building in Johannesburg, which served as the banks campus, now becomes the fourth building of the bank to attain the GBCSA 4-star green rating, in a process where other several buildings in the area were considered.
This green building was constructed in such a way that it incorporates an auditorium, a restaurant with a view of lake, sufficient parking space, and hiatus areas on each floor – which staff can use in refreshing and engagements.
The other three Nedbank buildings with a GBCSA green rating are the Nedbank Ridgeside in Durban, Nedbank Sandton Phase II in Johannesburg, and Nedbank Menlyn Maine in Pretoria.
The Financial services group has indicated that it will be unveiling its fifth and sixth GBCSA green-star rated buildings by the end of 2015 in Newtown.
- Discovery’s head office in South Africa set for completion
- South Africa’s US $78m mixed-use office development almost complete
- First building of South Africa’s Oxford Park Vision complete
- South Africa to invest US $136m in redeveloping two projects
- Excavation process for Oxford premium-grade office development in South Africa starts