Based in Utah, USA, and Birmingham, UK, Juniper Systems designs and manufactures rugged handheld computers and provides field data collection solutions for use in extreme environments. Since 1993, Juniper Systems has provided innovative mobile technology to the construction, geomatics, natural resources, utilities/public services, agriculture, industrial, and military markets.
Products from Juniper Systems Limited
The Archer 2™ is a handheld rugged computer / data collector. It makes life in the field easier by eliminating the obstacles that keep you from doing your job. With new IllumiView™ technology, its brilliant display overpowers glaring sunlight unlike anything you’ve ever seen on a rugged handheld. You’ll love the responsiveness of its large, capacitive touchscreen and numeric keypad, allowing you to input data at unprecedented speeds. And for those days that run extra-long, rest assured that the Archer 2’s custom Overtime Technology™ battery running for up to 20 hours will get you through your day with no problems. Add to this the signature ruggedness that Juniper Systems is known for, and you have one mean data-collecting machine that you can depend on, wherever your job takes you. Specific features of the Archer 2 include:
· Large, 4.3-inch active viewing area
· Ultra-bright, sunlight-visible IllumiView display
· Ruggedness rated to IP68, waterproof, dustproof
· Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi®, 10600mAh Li-Ion battery, handstrap, and stylus
· Optional integrated digital camera, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS/SBAS receiver and cell modem connectivity
The Allegro 2™ is the recently-released, third -generation, rugged handheld computer that was designed for the data-intensive. Meticulous attention was paid to the engineering and design of the handheld in order to maximize efficiency and precision, both of which are critically important aspects to high-volume data collection.
Among its list of new improvements, the Allegro 2 now features a newly designed keyboard in a QWERTY and numeric layout, with large, glove-friendly buttons for rapid — even non-visual — data entry. The new handheld features a custom display that is 20% larger than the previous Allegro, which offers excellent visibility in any lighting conditions. The touchscreen now utilizes capacitive technology, providing greater sensitivity to touch, crystal-clear imagery, and excellent durability. It also has significantly-enhanced GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) performance, extended Bluetooth range, camera and video options, and a more powerful processor. The Allegro 2 is an ideal tool for high-volume data collection.
· Full QWERTY and numeric keyboard for accurate data at high speeds
· Rugged to IP68 standards: waterproof, dustproof, drop-proof
· High visibility display in all types of lighting conditions, especially outdoors
· More than 20 hours of runtime with our Overtime Technology battery
· Wi-Fi, extended-range Bluetooth, and enhanced GNSS plus 3.75G modem to help you stay connected
· 5 megapixel (MP) camera with flash and video capture
Mesa Rugged Notepad
The Mesa Rugged NotepadTM features the advantages of both a tablet PC and a rugged handheld computer without the disadvantages of either.
The Mesa has a massive 5.7-inch (145 mm) colour VGA LCD screen with superior outdoor visibility, yet it still feels and acts like a compact handheld computer. Its battery life lasts an amazing 16 hours, and it includes a fast Microsoft® Windows Mobile operating system. The Mesa is fully rugged and is rated to IP67 against water and dust ingress, and is tested for drops, shock, temperature extremes, altitude, humidity and vibration.
· 5.7-inch (145 mm) colour VGA LCD screen
· High-visibility backlit LCD, portrait or landscape orientation
· 4 GB flash storage
· Warm-swappable battery with 16 hours of operating time
· 15 keyboard control buttons with 6 user re-assignable buttons
· Camera with 3.2 MP resolution and autofocus
According to Juniper Systems Limited General Manager, Simon Bowe, their range of ultra-rugged data collectors are currently deployed throughout the African Continent, including in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, and Kenya.
Mr Bowe also added that, in the process to expand their product availability across the continent, they are carefully working with authorised partners and are also searching for more vertically-aligned partners throughout Africa.
Juniper Systems Limited
Simon Bowe, General Manager
+44 (0) 1527 870773