The Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors of Ghana (ABCECG) is the body the shelters persons in building and civil engineering construction in Ghana.
With membership strength of approximately 1282companies, including 15 foreign contractors. The Association is headquartered in Accra with Branches in all the ten (10) Regions of Ghana.
To register, the following information is required:
• Date of incorporation of the company- this should have an attachment of incorporation certificate to serve as evidence
• Date of issue and number of the Certificate of works and housing classification particulars
• Copies of the proposed and seconded application by two fledged members of the Association together with respective signatories
The Membership payment details are as follows:
Registration fee: $1,000 (paid once)
Annual subscription: $1,000 (paid annually)
After registration one is issued with –
• Constitution of the association
• Collective agreement
• A membership certificate
Membership in the Association would result in the following status and benefits for the company:
• Accreditation for the company as trusted Ghanaian partner in the construction Industry for both national and International Business.
• National Certification and warranty that said company adheres to the highest international standards of the construction industry following due diligence.
• Access to a network of committed professionals that are dependable and supportive of your business.
• A united voice for lobbying necessary governmental and related institutions in advancement of the best interest of the industry and for that matter of your company.
• Partner in ensuring minimum standards and requirements for skilled workers in the construction industry in the country to reduce injuries, increase safety and efficiency of your business.
• Partner in the drive to secure greater construction opportunities and preferences for Ghanaian based companies, including your company of works in Ghana.
• A united network of professionals for innovation and for mutual support in the construction industry in Ghana
The Association has established a consortium under the name ABCEC GH LTD., to facilitate easier access to contracts for its members. Hence, as a consortium, it has the following strengths:
Availability of a large, diverse and educated pool of contractors and their workforce to carry out projects on timely basis,
A pool of machinery and equipment to facilitate effective delivery of projects,
A total net worth of over $100m.
The willingness of support by sector ministry – Ministry of Water Resources, Works and Housing and other stakeholders such as NADMO, BRRI, AGI, PEF, GEA etc. etc.;
Representation on key decision-making bodies vital to the construction industry such as NADMO, BRRI, AGI, PEF, GEA etc. etc.;
Association with Consulting bodies such as Ghana Institution of Engineers, Architects and Quantity Surveyors, (Offering needed advice, services etc to enhance Contractors’ activities);
Organization of training in construction management.
Companies registered under ABCECG are guaranteed access to:
• Collective bargaining agreement with the Trade Union (TUC)
• Renewal of Certificates
• Capacity building
• Trade promotion
• Information dissemination and more