International Trade Exhibition on Building, Construction, Mining and Water Technology
“Africa is the world’s biggest untapped market, who gets there first, gets the most- ABDAS”
The largest building and construction exhibition brand in East Africa, Buildexpo Africa, is back in Ethiopia. The 2019 edition of the event features multiple product categories including building material, construction machinery and equipment, steel and aluminium, glass, doors and windows, hardware and tools, paints and coatings, water and pipe Systems, HVAC, bathroom and kitchen, architectural finishing products and more.
Buildexpo Ethiopia offers you an international platform to meet all importers, distributors, relevant govt. authorities, builders, architects, contractors and engineers in Addis Ababa.
About the Country
Ethiopia has a large domestic market of over 100 million people, making it the second most populous country in Africa. Over the last decade, Ethiopia has had one of the fastest growing economies in the world. In 2017, Ethiopia’s real GDP expanded by 10.9 percent, and is expected to grow by 8.5%, according to the World Bank.
Ethiopia’s economic development vision is encapsulated in the government’s Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP). While GTP I was completed in 2015, GTP II envisages 11% average annual economic growth with an improved trade balance and higher foreign reserves. The private sector is playing an increased role in the economy under GTP II, despite a continued state-led approach to economic management.
Why should companies consider doing business in Ethiopia?
Now is the moment for companies to pursue opportunities that have arisen following Ethiopia’s sweeping political and economic reforms, and to develop relationships with new leadership across the government.
- Ethiopia is the second most populous country in Africa and has one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, which is resulting in an expanding middle class with more purchasing power.
- International products and services are highly respected among Ethiopians for their quality and dependability.
- Factors of production in Ethiopia such as land, labor, and energy costs are comparatively low compared to other countries in Africa and around the world.
- Major of Ethiopia’s imports include aircraft sales, construction equipment, equity investments, real estate, agricultural machinery, farming, and engineering services.
So, if you are in the Building & Construction industry, here’s your chance to meet the best in the market at one place and time!
BUILDEXPO AFRICA 2019
- 21 – 23 Mar, 2019 | Millennium Hall | Addis Ababa | Ethiopia
- 23 – 25 May, 2019 | Kigali Convention Centre | Kigali | Rwanda
- 04 – 06 Jul, 2019 | Kenyatta International Convention Centre | Nairobi | Kenya
- 12 – 14 Sep, 2019 | Mlimani Conference Centre | Dar-es-Salaam | Tanzania