Cape Town, August 2017 – Movement is happening within African infrastructure, especially in the transportation sectors. Most recently, the Government of the Republic of Kenya has launched a tender process to develop a PPP bridge and the Government of Rwanda have signed the concession agreement for the development of the new international airport in Rwanda, known as the Bugesera International Airport.
These and many more PPP projects will be discussed and showcased at the 9th Africa Public Private Partnership Conference and Showcase taking place in Cape Town from 23 – 24 November 2017. Project sponsors, financiers, multilateral development agencies, public and private sector players and insurance agencies will discuss ways to mobilise PPP projects in Africa, develop bankable projects and review best practice scenarios.
Building on the success of last year, this year’s edition will include extended one-on-one meetings during the event, more industries, dedicated sector-specific breakaway sessions and more PPP project overviews and investable opportunities.
Confirmed PPP Units to date are Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Cameroon and Rwanda. The conference programme will focus on topics such as Standardising PPP Frameworks, Increasing Manufacturing and Industrialisation PPPs, Centralised Office Accommodation and Government Precincts, African PPP Units – Bankable Project Showcase, PPP Energy Projects, Hospitality and Tourism PPPs and includes a debate about “Encouraging State-Owned Entities to Adopt PPPs.”
Confirmed speakers include:
- James Aiello – Senior Project Advisor, PPP Unit, GTAC, National Treasury, South Africa
- Ana Hajduka –Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Africa GreenCo
- Eng M C Munodawafa –Chief Executive Officer, Zambezi River Authority
- Omar Vajeth – Snr. Transaction Advisor & Head: SAPP-PAU
- Moussa Kouyate – President, CNP PPP, Ivory Coast
- David Meyers –Chairman, AgriSmart Inc
- Dieudonné Bondoma Yokono –President, CARPA, Cameroon
- Stanley Kamau –Head PPP Unit, National Treasury, Kenya
- Flora Tenga –PPP Director, Ministry of Finance, Tanzania
- Abebe Tadesse –Senior Expert and ISP-PPP Coordinator, Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation, Ethiopia
- Innocent Bajiji- PPP Analyst, Rwanda Development Board, Rwanda
- Timo Bollerhey – Senior Advisor Financial Systems Development, GIZ
- James Leigland – Technical Advisor – Technical Assistance Facility, Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG)
- Nathaniel Munetsi – Head – Structured Finance, Gauteng Infrastructure Financing Agency
Register at ametrade.org/africappp to see and be part of the latest PPP project opportunities in Africa.
Contact the Africa PPP Team:
W: www.ametrade.org/africappp T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949 E: [email protected]