Design and Build of 2 Strategic Bridges-; Jure Bridge on Atiak-Adjumani-Moyo- Yumbe-Manibe Road & Amou Bridge on Laropipalorinya-Obongi Road, in (Moyo Dlg).
1. The Government of the Republic of Uganda through its Uganda National Roads Authority has allocated funds from its Road Development and Maintenance Budget for the design and build construction of Jure & bridges in Moyo District in the Northern part of Uganda and intends to apply a portion of these funds toward eligible payments under various civil works contracts to design and build of the 2 strategic bridges.
2. The Uganda National Roads Authority now invites written sealed bids from eligible bidders to undertake the execution of design and build civil works as stipulated in the bidding documents.
3. A Pre-bid meeting will be held at Uganda National Roads Authority, Plot 3-5 New Port bell Road, Nakawa UAP Business Park, First Floor, Block D, Kampala, Uganda on 22nd May 2018 starting at 10:00 am local time.
4. The Pre-bid meeting will be preceded by a general site visit organized by the Employer. The time and venue of a general site visit is indicated in the bidding document. The Bidders will be given introduction letters to visit the sites at their own convenience and cost. The bidder is advised to visit and examine the site of works, its surroundings and obtain all information that may be necessary for preparing the bid and entering into contract for construction of the works.
5. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the Open International Bidding procedures contained in the Government of Uganda’s Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003,and is open to all bidders. Envelopes containing sealed bids must be marked with the above procurement reference number on the top right corner indicating the bid being submitted.
6. The qualification requirements are detailed in Section III of the bidding document.
7. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from UNRA and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 09:00am (Local time) to 5:00pm (Local time) during working days from Mondays to Fridays.
Procurement and Disposal Unit,
Uganda National Roads Authority,
Plot 3-5, New Port bell road
UAP Nakawa Business Park,
Block D, First Floor
P. O. Box 28487
Fax: +256 414232807/ +256 414347616
Email: [email protected]
8. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested on submission of a written application to the address in 7 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of UGX 200,000 (Uganda Shillings Two hundred Thousand only). The method of payment will be registering the payment on the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) website portal. Print the payment advice Form after registering on the URA Portal and effect payment through the URA collection Banks.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of UGX: 200,000,000 (Uganda Shillings Two Hundred million) or a freely convertible currency. Bid Securities, issued by Foreign Banks must be routed through a correspondent bank in Uganda and accompanied by a SWIFT copy.
10. Bids must be delivered to the address under 7 above by hand or courier on or before 11:00am on the 20th June 2018. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below on the 20th June 2018 at 11:30am.
11. The address for bid opening shall be the same as 7 above.