Trade and Development Bank Group- TDB Group is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving most of the Eastern and Southern Africa. The Bank’s objective is to provide short, medium and long-term financing to viable projects and trade finance activities in member states.
TDB Group acquired 1.052 acres approximately 4,255 square meters parcel of land on Lenana Road Nairobi opposite the Sri Lanka High Commission. The Bank is desirous of developing this site into a modern High Rise19 storey office Building and has procured an Iconic design concept from a leading firm of Architects.
Therefore, as part of a process in preparation for construction, TDB Group would like to prequalify and retain competent person(s)/Firms/Teams to provide Construction Monitoring and Management Service function. The Construction Monitoring and Management Team (CMT) will report to the Client Representative and work closely with the professional technical consultant’s team.
Terms of Reference
The overall Terms of Reference of the Construction Monitoring and Management Services is to oversee the successful implementation of the project by the Project Team as designed and specified by the Design Team and approved by the Client as summarized below:
• Pre-Construction: Comprehensive review all construction documentation, Bill of Quantities, the construction contract; developing a comprehensive Project Execution Plan and methodologies for project implementation. Managing the site set up including the installation of any temporary structures, fencing, hoarding etc.
• Construction: Establish Full-time qualified personnel on-site to provide project management and contract administration services during the construction and the post-construction period.
• Post Construction: This stage involves the process of managing and administering the project closeout, including preparation and co-ordination of the necessary documentation to facilitate the effective operation of the final product.
(Detailed Terms of Reference with requirements and the project description can be downloaded from the Trade and Development bank-TDB Website (www.tdb.org/opportunities/procurement))
Interested firms are requested to submit the following:
1. Their duly updated profiles detailing qualifications and relevant experiences. Labelled “Profiles” with all the requirements above.
2. Outline methodology to be applied in meeting the requirements of the Terms of Reference.
3. Outline of the costs/charges to perform the function as per the Terms of Reference inclusive of all taxes.
Documents are to be delivered in two hard copies plus a soft copy in a CD/Flash Disk sealed and clearly labelled as EXPRESSION OF INTEREST EOI FOR CONSTRUCTION MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT SERVICE).
Submissions are expected to reach on or before the CLOSE OF BUSINESS on 20th July 2018 addressed to:
Kifle Hamza, Chief Program Manager, Nairobi Office Development Project (NODP) TDB BANK GROUP; 197 LENANA PLACE, LENANA Rd., 1st Floor, P.O. BOX 48596-00-100 , NAIROBIKENYA