1 . The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE) has allocated budget towards the cost of the following heavy maintenance road projects
2. The Ethiopian Roads Authority now invites bidders to submit sealed bids for providing the necessary labour, material and equipment for Heavy Maintenance works of the above road projects.
3. Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence:
a) In the case of Ethiopian bidders, Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Construction with the relevant Categories as specified in item 4 of tables below renewed for 2010 EFY and other appropriate documentary evidences demonstrating the bidders compliance, which shall include:
i) Trading License renewed for 2010 EFY; and
ii) Tax Clearance Certificate, which states that the bidder can participate in any public tender, valid at bid submission date and VAT Registration Certificate; and
iii) Registration as Supplier in the list of the mandated public body, i.e. public Procurement and Property Administration Agency (PPPAA).
b) In case of bidders other than Ethiopians;
i) Business organization registration certificate or Trade License issued by the country of establishment.
ii) Tax Clearance certificate issued from the Tax Authority (Inland Revenue Authority) which allows the bidder to participate in public tenders at the date of the deadline for bid submission if the foreign bidder already has ongoing or completed project in the Country; Ethiopia.
4. Bidding will be conducted through a National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified on the tables above and is open to all eligible bidders as specified and defined in the Bidding Documents.
5. If a bidder is awarded and /or recommended for award of any works contract/s by ERA since November 01 , 2017 inclusive, the qualification criteria for the construction turnover will be the aggregate of the criteria of the subject project; and that of the awarded contract/s and/or those recommended to be awarded. A detailed qualification criteria is stated in the respective bidding documents.
6. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:30 a.m. to 1 2:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. local time from Monday to Thursday, and from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. local time on Friday.
A complete set of bidding documents prepared in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and a nonrefundable fee of ETB 750 or USD 25 for each project, effective as of June 04, 201 8. The method of payment shall be in cash or direct deposit to ERAs account in the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia – Sengatera Branch through Account No. 01 71 5-331 44600. Address: Ethiopian Roads Authority, Engineering Procurement Directorate, 2nd floor, Room No. 207, Tel: 251 -11 -551 50 02.
7. Bidders can apply for one or for all or for any number of projects from the above listed projects and shall submit their bid separately for each project they are interested to apply for. However, bidder may be awarded on the projects subjected to fulfilling of the Qualification Criteria for individual and multiple projects specified in the respective bidding documents based on the Employers best economical advantage.
8. Bidders shall submit their Bids in two envelopes, the first envelop labeled as “Qualification Information and Bid Security” and the second envelope “Financial Bid”, separate sealed and the two envelopes sealed in on other outer envelope.
9. Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages, Qualification Information first and Financial
Bids of qualified Bidders next.
1 0. Bids must be delivered to the address, time and date specified below. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of ETB 500,000.00 for each project. Late bids will be rejected. One Original and five Copies of the bids have to be submitted. The Qualification information and Bid Security will be opened immediately after the submission deadline in the presence of bidders representatives who choose to attend, at the address below.
11 . The value of total certified payments received in each year shall be adjusted for inflation of Birr value through multiplying by Cn/Co factor, where Cn is value of 1 US Dollar in Birr on the 28 day prior to bid submission date and Co is the value of 1 US Dollar in Birr computed using the exchange rate prevailing on the last date of the respective fiscal year.
12. For the Specific construction projects experience requirement, the Contract value of projects referenced by the bidder shall be adjusted to reflect the current purchasing power of Ethiopian Birr by multiplying with Cn/Co factor, where Cn is the current selling exchange rate of 1 US Dollar to Ethiopian Birr which is taken at the 28th days prior to bid submission date and Co is the selling exchange rate of 1 US Dollar to Ethiopian Birr at the date of signing the contract.
13. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before July 05, 2018 at 2:30 P.M. Director General 4th Floor, Conference Room Ethiopian Roads Authority Ras Abebe Aregay Street P. O. Box 1770 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Tel. +251 -11 -551 71 70/79 Fax. +251 -11 -551 4866
14. The Ethiopian Roads Authority reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
ETHIOPIAN ROADS AUTHORITY