Invitation for Bids
Reference Numbers: LOT 1- NCB NO: AWSB/GOK/NSIMP/W-01/LOT 1/2017
LOT 2- NCB NO: AWSB/GOK/NSIMP/W-02/LOT 2/2017
LOT 3- NCB NO: AWSB/GOK/NSIMP/W-03/LOT 3/2017
1. The Government of Kenya intends to improve water and sewerage services in Nairobi through Implementation of the Nairobi Sewerage Intensification Measures Program in 3 Lots.
2. Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders registered in Category NCA 5 or above by the National Construction Authority for the Nairobi Sewerage Intensification Measures Program (“the Works”) involving the following:
• Lot 1- Rehabilitation of Sewers along Nairobi,Gitathuru,Ngong and Mathare Rivers
• Lot 2- Rehabilitation of Sewer line Crossings – Thika Road (Muthaiga and Ruiruaka GSU) Ring Road Ngara ( Kariokor Market) and Hazina
• Lot 3- Construction of River Kibagare Trunk Sewer.
The contracts will be awarded in independent lots as shown in the above scope.
3. The following are mandatory requirements that must be submitted together with the Bid document:
• Firms copy of Certificate of registration as a water contractor with the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (or equivalent)
• Certified copy of certificate of Incorporation and a valid Tax Compliance Certificate
• Curriculum vitae (CVs) of the proposed staff duly signed by the proposed individual
• Certified copies of certificates and testimonials of the proposed key staff
• Firm’s Current work load
• Litigation history (sworn affidavit)
• Client references on previous experience
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Athi Water Services Board, Chief Executive Officer, [email protected] and inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 0800 hours to 1700 Hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1300 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon payment of a non-refundable fee of KShs. 1,000.00 (Kenya Shillings One Thousand) for each lot. The method of payment will be cash or banker’s cheque. The document will be collected from the below address.
6. All bids must be accompanied by an unconditional Bank Guarantee or a bid bond from Insurance Company registered by IRA and approved by PPOA of KShs. 500,000.00 (Kenya Shillings Five Hundred Thousand Only) for each Lot.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12.00 pm East African Time on 11th January 2018. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 11th January 2018,at 12.05 pm East African Time.
Chief Executive Officer
Athi Water Services Board
3rd Floor, Africa Re Centre,
Hospital Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 45283-00100
Tel: +254 715 688272
Email : [email protected]