Periodic Maintenance / Upgrading to DSD, Spot Improvement, Bridge Major repair and Rehabilitation Works along Trunk and Regional Roads in Mtwara Region
Tender No. AE-001/2017-18/MT/W/06, 07, 22, 26, 27, 30 -33, 35 – 38 and 40
Invitation for Tender (IFT)
1. This Specific Procurement Notice (SPN) follows the General Procurement Notice for Mtwara region that appeared in the “Tender Portal” dated 09th May 2017.
2. The Government of Tanzania has set aside funds for the operation of the Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) – Mtwara Region during the financial year 2017/18. It is intended to apply part of the proceeds of the fund to cover eligible payments under various Contracts for Periodic Maintenance / Upgrading to Double Surface Dressing, Spot Improvement, Major repairs of Bridges and Rehabilitation Works along Trunk and Regional Roads in Mtwara Region.
3. The TANROADS Regional Manager for Mtwara Region, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS now invites sealed bids from eligible National Civil Engineering Contractors registered with the Contractors Registration Board (CRB) Tanzania, in Classes shown under each bid, for carrying out various Contracts for Periodic Maintenance / Upgrading to Double Surface Dressing, Spot Improvement, Major repairs of bridges and Rehabilitation Works along Trunk and Regional Roads.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 and is open to national Bidders only.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of the Secretary of the Delegated TANROADS Regional Tender Board, Mtwara Region, P.O. Box 383, Tel. +225 23 2333904, Fax +255 23 2333920, Mtwara, e-mail [email protected], from 8 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TShs. 100,000.00. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANROADS Regional Manager, Mtwara Region.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration in the format provided in the Bidding Documents
8. All bids in one original plus two copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the
Secretary, Delegated TANROADS Regional Tender Board, Mtwara, Industrial Area, P.O. Box 383, Mtwara at or before 10.00 hours local time on 21st July 2017. Bids will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the TANROADS Regional Manager’s Office conference room, Mtwara Region.
9. Late bids, portion of bids, electronic bids, bids not received, bids not opened and not read out in public at the bid opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstance.
TANROADS, Mtwara Region,
Industrial Area, P.O. Box 383, Mtwara,
Tel: +255 23 2333904, Fax: 255 23 2333920,
E-mail: [email protected]