LAKE VICTORIA SOUTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
Invitation for Prequalification of Contractors
Project: Water and Sanitation Sector Development Program – Lake Victoria South Prequalification for Expansion of Water Supply and Sanitation Systems for Kericho, Kisii, Nyamira and Litein Towns
Tender Title: C/Lot 3: Expansion of Water Supply and Sanitation Systems for Kericho Town Tender No. LVSWSB/PQ/1/2017–18/C/Lot 3
1. The Government of Kenya (GoK) through the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MWI) has received a loan from the Government of Federal Republic of Germany, through KfW Development Bank, to undertake the Water Sector Development Program – Lake Victoria South (WSDP-LVS) for the Towns of Kericho, Kisii, Nyamira and Litein. The WSDP-LVS is being implemented by Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB) a parastatal under the MWI.
Further details on the scope of the works envisaged for C/Lot 3 are provided in the Kenya Government IFMIS Portal: http://supplier.treasury.go.ke/site/tenders.go/index.php as well as in the website of LVSWSB: http://www.lvswaterboard.go.ke/downloads/tenderdownload.
The Contractor will be selected through International Competitive Bidding process according to the KfW Guidelines for Procurement of Supply and Works Contracts under Financial Cooperation with Developing Countries, which can be downloaded from http://www/kfwentwicklungsbank.de/EN/Service/Onlinelibr23 (Guidelines).
Applications are invited from interested Local and International Civil Engineering Contractors for Prequalification of:
• C/LOT 3: Expansion of Water Supply and Sanitation Systems for Kericho Town
Brief Scope of Works:
– Intake Works on River Kimugu
– Raw Water Gravity Main, 7.7km, DN 600
– New Kimugu Water Treatment Works, capacity 13,000 m3 /day
– Transmission and Distribution Mains, approx. 54 km, DN 600 to DN 80
– Storage Tanks, total capacity 6,000 m3
– Replacement of old/damaged/undersized Sewers in Nyagacho, Construction of infill Sewers within CBD South Area and Construction of independent Sewerage Systems for Brooke, Kapsoit and Kapsuser Area
The minimum qualification criteria to be met is as follows:
a) Annual turnover in construction, during the last three years of Euro 15,500,000 or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
b) Proven record of successful completion of works of similar size and nature within the East African Region (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, and Zambia) in the last 10 years.
c) Has liquid assets and/or evidence of access to or availability of credit facilities of not less than Euro 1,900,000 or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
d) At least 40% of the materials or services for the permanent works shall be sourced locally.
e) Applicants to submit duly filled and signed Pre-Qualification Document with a covering letter on Company Letterhead duly signed by the authorized / legal representative of the Company
The anticipated commencement of these works is January 2018.
No formal Site Visits are planned during this prequalification stage.
Applicant is required to submit one (1) original and three (3) copies of the Pre-Qualification Documents.
Any query / clarification pertaining to this pre-qualification shall be directed to the Chief Executive Officer, Lake Victoria South Water Services Board at the address below at least 2 weeks before submission date.
Only firms who are pre-qualified will be invited to Tender.
The Pre-Qualification Documents can be accessed free of charge from the IFMIS Portal:
http://supplier.treasury.go.ke/site/tenders.go/index.php as well as in the website of LVSWSB:
Sealed bids indicating the tender number and tender description must be delivered to the Tender Box situated at the address below so as to be received on/or before 31st August, 2017 12.00 noon Local Time.
Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board,
Lavictors House, Off Ring Road, Milimani
P.O. Box 3325 – 40100,
KISUMU / Kenya
Telephone +254-57-2025128, Fax +254-57-2025127,
Email: [email protected]