CONMIX LTD., Sharjah, UAE, was established in the year 1975. It is a joint-venture between the Bukhatir Group and German-Gulf Enterprises Limited.
They offer a wide range of admixtures for producing concrete of desired properties ranging from water-reducers, retarders, accelerators, water-proofers, air-entrainers, viscosity-modifiers, corrosion inhibitors and polypropylene fibers. The basic range of CONMIX admixtures available are of the following three types: Lignosulphonate Based (Ligno), Sulphonated Naphthalene Formaldehyde (SNF) and Polycarboxylic Ether (PCE).
Apart from these major types of admixtures used for retardation, acceleration, slump retention and strength enhancement in concrete, there is a range to additional special purpose admixtures that CONMIX produces.
• Air Entraining Admixtures: Air entrainment is the process by which many small air bubbles are incorporated into concrete. These air bubbles are dispersed throughout the hardened cement paste but are not, by definition, part of the paste. CONMIX produces MegaAir which is the air entraining admixture used to entrain additional air in concrete where desired and to produce concrete for cold-storages where freeze-thaw issues are prevalent and to produce concrete of density up to 2000 Kg/m³.
• Corrosion Inhibiting Admixtures: Corrosion of steel in concrete is a result of the ingress of chlorides into the composite structure of concrete and steel. The volume of by-product of corrosion reaction produces 2-3 times volume greater than volume of steel they are produced from. This causes tensile stresses and thereafter spalling and eventually failure of concrete. Corrosion inhibitors like MegaAdd CI from CONMIX increase the threshold concentration of chlorides at which the corrosion process will initiate.
• Water Proofing Admixtures: Water-tight concrete or concrete with very high durability requirements is a basic necessity for structural units like water-tanks, underground structures and swimming pools. CONMIX produces liquid water proofing admixtures like MegaAdd WL1, MegaAdd WL2 and MegaAdd WL3 and powdered product MegaAdd WP, which can be added as a raw material during the production stage of concrete and enhances the water-proofing property of the produced concrete. Water absorption levels as low as 1% is possible with these products, making the concrete practically water-tight.
• Shrinkage Compensating Admixture: Cracking of concrete is an accepted phenomenon which reduces the durability and sustainability of concrete structures. The formation of cracks is a result of shrinkage, mainly due to loss of moisture from the concrete. CONMIX produces shrinkage compensating admixture NanoGrout A, which can be added during the mixing process of concrete production. This helps reduce the surface tension in the capillary pores, thereby reducing the shrinkage and cracking of concrete.
• Viscosity Modifying and Anti-Washout Admixture: While placing concrete underwater or where the combined aggregates are not well graded, there are chances of segregation of fines from the mixture during placement. CONMIX produces MegaAdd VE which is used to improve the consistency of the concrete mix and avoids the segregation issues in mixes with ill-graded combined aggregates. It also helps in production of self compacting concrete in combination with PCE admixtures, improving the consistency of flowing concrete.
The entire range of CONMIX Concrete Additives is available directly through the company or the vast network of Certified Agents throughout the MENA region. CONMIX® products are currently being exported to more than 40 countries.