Kano state government in Nigeria has handed over 150 hectares of land to Dangote Group for the development of a US $150m Dangote/Black Rhino solar power plant in Zakirai, Gabasawa local government area.
Managing Director, Stakeholder Management Dangote Group, Alhaji Bello Danmusa received the land on behalf of Aliko Dangote.
The handing over of the land was in the presence of the District Head of Gabasawa local government, Alhaji Abubakar Bello Bayero and Surveyor General of Kano state, Alhaji Dayyabu Dandikko Rogo respectively.
Alhaji Bayero thanked Aliko Dangote for the 100 MW project and added that it will enhance small businesses of women and youth for their empowerment and curb restiveness.”
According to the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Usman Alhaji, the move focuses towards increasing electricity supply and enhancing economic development of the state.
Alhaji said the state government had agreed to provide 150 hectares of land and other support towards successful completion of the project.
According to The Executive Director, Dangote Group, Engineer Mansur Ahmed, the project would receive funding from the company’s partners from the United States.
In conclusion, Ahmed also noted that they were developing a robust community engagement plan. This will ensure cordial relations exist between the host community and relevant agencies for smooth operations.
- New solar mini grid to electrify 500 homes in Nigeria
- Nigeria inaugurates four solar powered water projects
- Nigeria to generate 14MW electricity from Cross River bio-diesel project
- Infrastructure gap in Nigeria to provide opportunity for local cement manufacturers
- NDPHC flags off US $18m injection sub-station power plant in Nasarrawa-Nigeria