The ever-changing real estate climate can leave sellers feeling like they don’t know where to start. With mortgage interest rates rising, and home values dipping, it can leave you feeling uncertain on how to sell your home fast in Tampa, Florida. We’ve compiled our expert advice on how to sell property fast so you can feel more confident about your upcoming transaction.
Although there are general trends in the U.S. housing market, each specific region is unique in some ways. The rising mortgage interest rates we have seen in recent months have created a pullback in demand, which makes home values take a slight dip. The key here is slight. Tampa, Florida features a thriving job market, low home inventory, and a growing population which is helping your seller’s real estate market overall!
What does this mean for you as a seller in Tampa, Florida? It’s not all doom-and-gloom like the media is making it out to be. Yes, you may run into some challenges, but overall, your home should sell quickly given the current real estate climate in your area. Some other notable Tampa market stats as of April 2023 include:
- Median home price sits at $364,000 (+3.1% since last year)
- Overall single-family home closings are down 29% from last year
- Home supply of for-sale-listings is sitting low at about 2.4 months (for reference, a balanced market would have about 6.5 months of supply)
Tips to sell fast
Understanding the Tampa, Florida real estate market will help you feel more confident when you sell your home fast. Check out our top tips to get you to the closing table in no time!
1) Sell for cash – Our first tip for selling your Tampa, Florida home fast is to try to receive an all-cash offer. A cash deal can often close in as little as 10 days! In order to land a cash buyer, you can try a We Buy Houses website, an iBuyer, or utilizing other online platforms that deliver an easy, cash sale. Another option is to request a cash deal when you list your home.
2) Hire a top agent – Next up on our list of ways you can sell your Tampa home fast is to hire a top real estate agent. Finding a Tampa agent who can guide your transaction will make your entire deal seamless, which in turn will make your sale go quicker.
3) Prep for success – Our next tip on how to sell your Tampa, Florida home quickly is to prepare your space before you list. Ensure your home is decluttered, deep cleaned, and spruce your outdoor curb appeal as well. If you have any small fixes you wish to make before listing, be sure to have that to-do list checked off before you decide to put your home on the market.
4) Timing – The final tip we have to share with you is to be sure to list when the timing is right. If your goal is to close fast, following seasonal trends in the Tampa market will ensure you get the speed you’re after. Historically speaking, June is the best month to sell in Tampa, and January is the worst.