National Drug Authority (NDA) Laboratory Tower is an ongoing building project at Lumumba Avenue in Kampala, Uganda, whose construction began back in October 2019 following a groundbreaking ceremony officiated by Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng, the Minister for Health.
Developed on a gross area of 8,000 sqm, the Laboratory Tower comprises of 12-storey office building with 9 levels above ground designed for office accommodation for NDA staff and space for Laboratory facilities and 3 basement parking levels.
Upon completion, expectedly in January 2022, the building will be the first of its kind in the East African country with the capacity to test the quality of food imported and exported, the efficacy of traditional medicines, and hospital equipment among others.
The project, the cost of which is approximately US$ 9.11M, is funded through internally generated resources according to Dr. Medard Bitekerezo, the Chairman of the board of NDA.
- Client: National Drug Authority
- Technical Adviser: Ministry of Works & Transport
- Design Consultant: KK Partnership Architects, and Dimension Architects & Interior Designers
- Supervising Consultant: Symbion(U) ltd
- Contractor: Seyani Brothers & Co (U) Ltd, and Parbat Siyani Construction Ltd