The remodeled International Terminal of Malam Aminu Kano International Airport (MAKIA) has been commissioned by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Malam Sunusi Lamido Sanusi.
Speaking during the commissioning, Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Managing Director, Mr. George Uriesi said the terminal which is the fourth remodeled in the last five months, has a full complement of modern facilities, including a walkway on the airside, a new cooling system, conveyor belt, check-in counters and an ultra modern VIP lounge.
He said the remodeling of the terminal, which is the oldest in the country, also involved the extension of the departures lounge, to increase its seating capacity, and refurbishment of it upper floor to an international standard.
While commissioning the terminal, Malan Sanusi said airports are essential in a nation’s economic development and added that CBN is ever ready to support working ministries with the necessary requirement.
The CBN Governor also charged the airport management to take good care of the terminal through regular maintenance.
- Tanroads to supervise airports construction activities in Tanzania
- Refurbished BON Hotel Abuja officially launched in Nigeria
- Nigerian government approves US $434.4m for Kaduna-Kano road construction
- Dangote receives land for US $150m solar power project in Kano Nigeria
- 11 new hotels to be launched in Nigeria