By Yvonne Andiva.
Sur Construction has won the US$ 103 million tender by the Ethiopian Roads Authority (ERA) for the construction of a 53km Abiadi-Tekeze asphalt road in the Tigrai Regional State, Ethiopia. This is according to information obtained from the authority.
Samson Wondimu, ERA’s Corporate Communication Head, told the Reporter that Sur was one of the construction firms that showed interest in the tender and due to their recent outstanding performance they will be given the go ahead very soon.
ERA is to put up more road construction bids for the current fiscal year. The projects that are expected to be open for bid for this year are Adaba-Angato, Guba-Begondi and Omo-Kuraz sugar project road construction. Ankober-Dulecha is another major road construction project that is also expected to be open for bid this year.
- Construction of US $37m Gidabo Irrigation Dam in Ethiopia nears completion
- Ethiopia to construct 25 grain silos
- Aluto-Langano Geothermal Expansion-Ethiopia, to get a fresh start
- Ethiopia to continue with construction of largest hydro electric plant in Africa amid Egypt warning
- AfDB approves US $101m for Addis Ababa Power Project rehabilitation