Uganda’s minister for works and transport, Engineer James Byandala has applauded a Turkish Construction Company, Kolin Insaat Turizm Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.S. for the good job they have done so far in the construction of the Hoima-Kaiso-Tonya road.
Dan Alinange, the Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) communications Director, also hailed Kolin construction for the timely and excellent work done yet this is their first time working in Uganda.
The 92-kilometre road connects Hoima town to the Albertine region where oil exploration is underway. It was recently rehabilitated to allow the smooth flow of exploration vehicles but the current effort will see a total overhaul of the road. The Shs315bn (US$ 124m) road is supposed to be completed by end of this year before construction of the refinery begins.
- Mbale Road construction ahead of schedule in Uganda
- Uganda to receive US $229.5m for the Kampala- Jinja express project
- Uganda seeks a partner for the Kampala—Jinja expressway project
- Uganda-Tanzania Oil Pipeline inches closer to becoming a reality
- Construction of the Kenya-Uganda dual carriageway commences