Kenya, in conjunction with an Egyptian company- Mintra, has proposed to construct new paper factories in Kenya which will be undertaken at a cost of US$ 100m.
Mintra General Manager, Hani Cassis confirmed the news and said Kenya has shown its support and interest for the proposed factory construction project, and has also expressed its willingness in giving out lands where construction can take place.
He further stated that after the agreement is confirmed, Mintra is aiming at constructing up to 100 factories. The facilities will be involved in the packaging, wrapping and production of paper.
As a leader in the paper, filing and binding industries, Mintra exports 88% of its production to the United States, Europe and Africa.
- Kenya sets US $30m for construction of 1,000 houses in Kakamega county
- US $7m TKTC in Kenya expected to be complete by 2020
- Construction of multi-million dollars hostels in Kenya to commence soon
- 34-Storey Mixed-Use facility set for construction in Nairobi
- Construction of the Kenya-Uganda dual carriageway commences