Zambia is, before June this year, to start construction of 3,000 house units for all security personnel and cub the current housing shortage.
According to Home Affairs Minister Davis Mwila, construction of the 3000 units will mark the first phase of the targeted 10, 000 housing units program aimed at giving police and prison officers around the country better housing facilities.
The minister said the government would, through Zambia Prisons Service (ZPS), construct new milling plants around the country.
“We want ZPS to expand its milling plants countrywide to process not only the maize that it grows but also that which is bought by FRA, so that our people can start buying mealie meal at a much lower price,” he said.
- Zambia shortlists ten firms for construction of 100 MW solar projects
- Zambia launches the Kafulafuta water supply system project
- Zambia, Zimbabwe signs US $5bn deal for Batoka Gorge hydro electricity project
- Zambia allocates US $700m for Kalungwishi hydropower plant project
- Zambia’s renewable energy generation capacity set to increase