Trimble has introduced its new Water Add Meters (WAM) and an upgraded Drum Rotation Sensor for ready mix construction fleets. The announcement was made at the World of Concrete.
According to Director of Product Management for Trimble Construction Logistics Jeff Van Grootel, These solutions will enable fleets to not only improve how they monitor the quality and consistency of their ready mix product but will also help them to streamline equipment troubleshooting and maintenance.
The new WAM300 and WAM350 are designed to accurately measure and control the amount of water added to specific concrete mixes. Both the 300 and 350 feature several improvements, including:
- A thick brass core, which greatly increases freeze tolerance if water is accidentally left in the lines
- Field-replaceable endcaps that help prevent damage to the meter
- New enhanced cabling for increased reliability and serviceability
- An easy-to-read digital display on the WAM350 meter
The Drum Rotation Sensor measures speed, direction and rotation count of the mixer drum to determine when “begin load” and “begin pour” status occurs. The latest version includes a variety of enhancements:
- A new connection between the sensor and cable, so that each can be replaced independently. Previous versions featured the sensor and cable as a single unit
- LED status indicator lights to easily identify drum trigger points and to improve troubleshooting and ensure proper alignment with the drum ring
- Rugged, stainless steel mounting brackets for improved reliability and resistance to damage during the cleaning and washing of the mixer drum
“Our focus is to continuously provide our ready mix customers with technology that can enable them to transform and improve efficiencies in their operations,” said Van Grootel. “Not only do these tools provide visibility into how they do business but they are also tough enough to withstand the demanding conditions these fleets operate in,” he added.
About Trimble Construction Logistics
Trimble’s Construction Logistics Division provides real-time vehicle telematics, driver-safety monitoring, voice and text communications, business intelligence and analytics, vehicle diagnostics for maintenance and fuel tracking, as well as performance reporting solutions specifically designed for the construction materials industry. Solutions provide the information necessary to enable users to make intelligent business decisions that improve business processes while decreasing operational costs and increasing fleet efficiency.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.