(1) Subject to section 15 and to rules made under section 6 (4) of this Act, a person shall be entitled to be registered with Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria if:
• (a) he passes the qualifying examination for membership recognized or conducted by The Board under this Act and immediately before the commencement of this Act, he was a member of The Institution; or
• (b) he holds a qualification granted outside Nigeria which for the time being is accepted by The Board and he is by law entitled to practice for all purpose as estate surveyor and valuer in the country in which the qualification was granted and, if The Board so, requires, he satisfies The Board that he has had sufficient practical experience as estate surveyor and valuer.
(2) Subject as aforesaid, a person shall be entitled to be registered under this Act if• (a) he holds a certificate recognized by the Board and has had not less than two years post qualification practical experience in the profession; or
• (b) he has passed an examination approved by the Board and has had not less than two years post qualification practical experience in the profession.
(3) An applicant for registration under this Act shall, in addition to evidence of qualification, satisfy the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria
• (a) that he is of good character
• (b) that he has attained the age of 21 years; and
• (c) that he has not been convicted in Nigeria or elsewhere of an offense involving fraud or dishonesty.
(4) The Board may in its absolute discretion provisionally accept a qualification produced in respect of an application for registration under this section, or direct that the application be renewed within such period as may be specified in the direction.
(5) Any entry directed to be made in the register under section (4) of this section shall show that registration is provisional, and no entry the Board specified in writing in that behalf.
(6) The Board shall from time to time publish in the Gazette particulars of the qualifications for the time being accepted for registration under this Act.