Hydro Power Association of Uganda Limited is an Association of over 20 Ugandan private companies. It deals in various aspects of hydro power development and was duly incorporated in June 2014 as a company limited by guarantee.
The Association strives to pursue realistic promotion, development and deployment of sustainable clean energy solutions. It does this by promoting, coordinating, demonstrating, disseminating and influencing energy delivery policies.
Register by filling the application form
- To that effect, various players in the hydro power sub-sector came together to form an association, for the following objectives:
- Develop a platform for advisory and advocacy roles to Government and private sector on behalf of hydro power stakeholders;
- Origination, promotion and enforcement of quality and standards of technology. Technical installations, services, practice and management of hydro power resources;
- Capacity development through training, embracing new hydro power technologies and innovations through research and development;
- Promotion and marketing of the hydro power technology and services;
- Resource mobilization, knowledge management, networking and information sharing among stakeholders and investments in hydro power, and;
- Environmental protection and conservation in the catchments.
The Hydro Power Association therefore, is one of the organizations whose key objective is to bring together hydro power developers, plus other key stakeholders. There core mandate relates with hydro power in particular and renewable energy in general.
To interface with government and other relevant partners to lobby for the promotion of hydro power as the most appropriate technology for local, national and regional development.