Home Company Reviews Konecranes - 101 brands and counting

Konecranes – 101 brands and counting

Not many people are aware that global crane giant Konecranes, which has six branches in South Africa, owns over 100 well known crane and hoist brands worldwide. Among them are Morris Material Handling, Shepard Niles, Cleveland Cranes, Euclid and Kaverit Cranes & Service.

In addition the company currently has over 430 000 cranes under service contract in its 636 branches in over 50 countries. 25% of these are Konecranes with the remaining 75% competitive brands that are not owned by Konecranes”.

“As the biggest crane and hoist service company in the world Konecranes has huge buying power, resulting in competitive prices and the ability to supply parts for all makes of cranes and hoists”, says John MacDonald, Service, Sales and Marketing Director of Konecranes Southern Africa.

Konecranes has 14 Parts Distribution Centres worldwide, including one in Johannesburg. “We strive for a 24h turnaround for parts as well as offer a 24h service to our customers”, MacDonald says.

Konecranes Southern Africa has its head office in Johannesburg with branches in Witbank, Durban, Port Elisabeth, Cape Town, Alrode and Klerksdorp. More are planned to open later this year.

For competitively priced crane and hoist parts for all makes of cranes and hoists contact the Parts Distribution Centre on 011 581 6600, 076 273 8842 (Celeste Viljoen); or email [email protected] Visit www.konecranes.co.za for more details.

Crane service companies are welcome to contact the Distribution Centre.

Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. Konecranes provides productivity-enhancing lifting solutions as well as services for lifting equipment and machine tools of all makes. The Group has 11,700 employees, at 609 locations in 47 countries.

With its Southern African headquarters in Johannesburg, further branches are situated in Durban, Port Elizabeth, Witbank and in Cape Town. Konecranes is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki (symbol: KCR1V).

If you have a remark or more information on this post please share with us in the comments section below


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here