Milliken has a rich history of delivering innovative broadloom and modular carpet collections from its award-winning global design studios, research center and manufacturing facilities. Milliken’s unexpected and purposeful flooring products offer unparalleled design solutions for the contract, hospitality and residential markets.
By combining design with unique technologies and great insights, Milliken creates floor coverings that are more colorful and more customizable, tougher and longer lasting, softer and more sustainable.
Their collections and design tools illustrate a commitment to offer designers new ways to bring interiors to life and think about the floor plane differently.
Milliken carpets come with a variety of features and benefits, including:
• Industry-leading high resolution printing technologies that reflect designs as intended
• Customization within many standard collections and the ability to create a completely custom design
• Resilient constructions that perform against daily traffic
• AlphaSan® built-in antimicrobial protection
• StainSmart® stain repel, stain resist and soil release
• Third party certifications for increased transparency
• Contributes to LEED and other environmental certifications
• TractionBack® technology – a modular carpet backing that is less costly, environmentally superior, faster and easier to use compared to wet adhesives or peel and stick adhesives
In addition to delivering beautiful and unique floor coverings collections, Milliken has a history of environmental stewardship that spans more than 100 years. Most recently, Milliken was recognized in 2014 by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” for the eighth consecutive year.
Chris King, regional director for the Middle East and Africa says that their global brand recognition certainly means that customers are looking for their products in the more mature African markets of Kenya, Nigeria and Ghana.
Commercial carpet for workspaces is especially popular in these markets due to the growing number of business centers.
Milliken has been supplying to South Africa for more than 20 years and has established a healthy recognition in the Casino market where their strong Millitron® printing colors and patterns are ideal for the environment.
He concludes and says that their products are available worldwide, including Africa and the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Europe and America.