Terex Corporation is a global manufacturer of aerial work platforms / tele-handlers, industry utility equipment, material processing machinery and tower/ rough terrain cranes.
They design and build quality products used in construction, maintenance, manufacturing, energy, minerals and materials management applications.
The company was established in 1933 by George .A. Armington to build hauling trucks.
The Company since then has grown and diversified over the years, principally through acquisitions.
The name Terex was coined in 1970.
TEREX is a 2 part Latin name meaning:-
- “Terra” (Earth)
- “Rex” (King)
“Earth King” is organized within two business segments:
- Aerial Work Platforms, based in Redmond, Washington
- Materials Processing, based in Northern Ireland.
Their product line features:-
- Mobile elevated work platforms
- Tele handlers
- Light towers
- Utilities industry equipment
- Bulk handling
- Tower/ Rough/ Pick & Carry cranes
- Crushing and screening
- Washing systems
- Concrete mixer trucks
- Wood processing, biomass and recycling equipment
- Concrete roller paver