what is sealed unit double glazing?
In simple terms it consists of Venetian style blinds that are installed inside the double glazed sealed unit. They are contained between the two sheets of double glazing glass. Because these blinds never require cleaning they are a boon to house owners and property managers. They allow you your privacy as well as shielding furnishings eyes and skin from the sun’s rays. If they are used in conservatories, they provide the perfect solution for reducing the glare on the TV screen.
The blinds are made from aluminium blades. They can be raised, lowered and tilted with ease using various mechanical options. This provides an effective solution to diffuse light and obscure the view from nosy people outside the room.
They can be supplied with the following mechanisms to raise, lower and tilt the aluminium blades:
Manual Push Block. Push Block operation of integrated blinds is a simple and reliable manual system. This allows the blinds to operate with surprising speed and grace. You are able to raise, lower and tilt by simply sliding the push blocks along the side border rails. The blinds are moved using a magnetic transmission that operates through the glass. This allows the unit’s hermetic seal.
Single Rail Push Block. The integrated blinds that utilise rail push blocks are a simple and reliable manual system. They operate with speed and grace. You can raise, lower and tilt the blinds by simply sliding the push blocks along the border rails.
Electronic Control Unit (ECU). Integrated blinds that are operated by an ECU low voltage electronic system. This uses a wireless magnetic transmission plate. The ECU is battery powered and raises, lowers and tilts the blinds. You can use the up, down and tilt buttons move the blinds. The ECU is rechargeable so you do not need to worry about replacing batteries.
• Manually operated for precise control
• Blinds can be raised or lowered to suit the weather conditions
• Blinds can be tilted to regulate precisely the level of light and heat entering the home
• Unbeatable protection against glare and build – up of heat
• Cannot get dirty or dusty
• Slats cannot be damaged
• Provides complete privacy
• Can be combined with a range of toughened / high performance glasses
Operation Manual operation with continuous cord loop Motorised – with remote control on request Applications
• Suitable for all vertical window applications • Ideal for conservatories, kitchens and bathrooms as well as folding / sliding door systems Features
width (mm) height (mm)
5mm internal glass only Sizes outside above dimensions available on request.