Sleep is perhaps one of the most important human needs and one that all children require and the first step is creating conducive bedrooms for kids. Children require an optimum amount of sleep to perform their daily tasks and this also helps them in developing their cognitive skills. The importance of sleep for kids cannot be stressed further, as studies have shown that sleep-deprived kids are more likely to develop poor concentration, memory impairment, anxiety, depression, and irritability. Studies have also shown that sleep-deprived kids are more likely to turn to video games for entertainment instead of playing their preferred games.
There are many ways you can make sure that your child gets enough sleep.
- The first tip is to give him or her at least a seven to eight-hour sleep period during the night. Giving kids a lot of freedom and letting them sleep wherever they want is not advisable. You should stick to the schedule of giving your kid no less than nine hours at night. If you can’t afford to give your kid nine hours of sleep, you can try giving him/her five hours of sleep but still, make sure that he/she goes to bed at the same time every day.
- The best way to make sure that your kid gets the required amount of sleep is to set a regular and consistent bedtime routine. A good bedtime routine includes giving your kids a warm bath, a good dinner, having a snack, reading a chapter of a book before bedtime, and finally making sure that they are lulled by the soft music. You can teach your kids to fall asleep with a warm bath or a warm dinner and a snack. By following a consistent bedtime routine, your kids will not even realize that they are getting sleepy!
- You can also introduce soft and comfortable mattresses so that your kid can sleep in peace. You can introduce either a euro top or a pillow top mattress as they provide a soft base as well as support. The main difference between a euro top and a pillow top is the pattern of their sewing.
Tips for Creating Sleep-Friendly Bed Rooms For Happy Kids
Children that are growing up today should learn to have healthy sleep habits. Healthy sleep habits help to ensure that you have an easier time teaching your child how to have a good night’s sleep. When we are sleeping, our body is also going through a chemical reaction called REM or the Restorative Phase. During this natural process, our brains release chemicals such as melatonin that help us fall asleep. If the bedroom environment or sleep environment in the home is bothersome and prevents the little ones from achieving a good night’s rest, then we need to take steps to remedy this problem.
There are several things that parents can do to create more relaxing and comfortable bedrooms for kids
- One of the easiest ways to make their sleeping experience more restful is to create a wedding theme. Whether they are two or four-year-olds, having a theme for their bedding can create a better night’s sleep.
- Children that are beginning to crawl will enjoy using red and green bedding. These colors convey health, safety, growth, and growth. This is a great bedding theme for toddlers. As they begin to crawl, they may not be able to sleep sitting up so their little bodies will need to be held up by something soft to keep them calm. Adding stuffed animals or other soft bed accessories can help them feel secure and safe. But at the same time be cautious while selecting a bed height for your kid. Never make the bed height too high for your kid because this may lead to them falling accidentally in the middle of the night and getting hurt.
- Babies are happy children and love bright colors. These colors promote a sense of energy and excitement. Parents can use pastel colors for their bedding as well to give a similar feel to their little one. Pastel colors like blue and green promote calmness and gentleness so both colors can work well for this type of bedding theme. Pink and purple colors can be very calming for infants, but can also create a sense of happiness for happy children.
- Little children love animal friends. It is easy to incorporate animal print bedding into a sleep-friendly bedroom for children. You can use pajamas with animal print designs and create a lovely soft feel for your baby. If you don’t want to use animal print, you can simply use crib bedding in animal print colors or just use pajamas in pastel or neutral colors. Animal print bedding is especially lovely when paired with tees that feature animal prints, such as zebra, giraffe, etc.
- If your child has a favorite TV series or movie, you may want to incorporate that design into their room. For instance, an activity bench can be placed by a TV. The bench can have movie posters on it so that the entire room is designed around one theme or character. If your child loves to play video games, you can find accessories, clocks, lamps, pillows, and more that have a sport-related design. These items will make your child feel like they are at home playing their favorite sport.
- A sleep-friendly bedroom for children can also include accessories and furnishings that are educational. Items that stimulate learning and imagination are perfect to incorporate into a sleep-friendly bedroom for children. Toy pianos, storybooks, chalkboards, art easels, music tables, whiteboards, and more can all provide stimulation for your baby and toddler. You can also place aromatherapy candles in their bedrooms to give them a calm and relaxing atmosphere. Having this type of bedding in your sleep-friendly bedroom will provide your baby with a healthy environment to sleep in and eliminate the need for teething.
A bedroom should be a place that babies and toddlers feel completely comfortable in. It should be a space where they feel safe and loved. The majority of children will develop insomnia if they are not sleeping comfortably. bedrooms for kids should have soft lighting and should not be too close to a television or alarm clock. This set of guidelines will allow you to create a bedroom that will help your baby or toddler to sleep comfortably.