3D visualization of architectural projects is the best, most visual, and effective way to demonstrate the constructive, planning, and design solutions adopted by the designers. Thanks to modern visualization tools, even a house owner who cannot read diagrams and drawings, who does not understand project documentation, will be able to understand promptly what the structure will be if the ideas of specialists are implemented.
Visualization helps to assess the quality of the project, to determine whether it requires adjustments and corrections to meet the requirements of future residents. Finally, with the help of high-quality visualization, you can significantly simplify the task of construction for hired craftsmen. Based on the data of drawings and 3D models, builders will be able to perfectly translate design solutions into reality without disruption.
Why Is It Important?
According to Hapticmedia, Architectural 3D visualization is a graphical display of an object, which allows you to analyze it in terms of all external characteristics. By creating images based on a drawing of a three-dimensional model, you can present the interior and design of a house in a 3D projection. It is performed in the form of a demonstration of architectural objects in photorealistic graphics, providing a visual display of the future structure from different angles. 3D Modeling is the best way to interest the client at the stage when the video or photos of the object does not exist yet!
The purpose of architectural 3D visualization is to increase confidence in the developed object by creating the necessary image, atmosphere around a residential complex or block, country house or cottage, office or shopping center. Therefore, 3D design services will come in handy for any architectural studio, construction company, design workshop, advertising bureau, whose specialists want to maximize the concept of their product, make it recognizable and find customers. When ordering a visualization of an interior or exterior, a designer, an architect receives an important tool for attracting investors, to whom he presents not just dry calculations, drawings, sketches, but a bright, realistic image of a future structure.
Effectiveness of 3D Rendering
Nowadays, it is rare to find design companies that do not propose 3d modeling services. Visualization on a computer allows you to transmit information about the future object in the smallest detail at the early stages of design, during the preparation of the sketch, thanks to this the owner can correct the mistakes and shortcomings before their implementation.
High-quality 3D visualization has many advantages, the most important of which are the following:
- high resolution and three-dimensional model;
- the effect of presence, thanks to which the owner can study not only the structural and planning features of the object but also its design, decorative solutions used;
- scale: one model shows a land plot and all objects that will be located on it;
- the ability to quickly make changes to the model;
On a high-quality three-dimensional model, one can foresee the climatic conditions in the region, reflecting the visual characteristics of the exterior and interior of the building at different times of the year, at different times of the day, at different levels of illumination.
Some owners who want to reduce the cost of professional design often try to abandon 3D visualization. Designing without visualization means there are significant risks. The model is needed to check the compliance of the decisions made by specialists with the desires of the owner of the house and his family. If the visualization is not carried out, the result of the construction may be disappointing to the customer.
You can use a calculator to determine the cost of drawings and visualization of landscape design projects and residential buildings.
The Process of Creating an Architectural 3D Project
There are several stages that every architectural project has to pass.
- Stage 1. Photo and measurement of the room. We can say that the first stage is organizational. Customers and contractors meet each other, discuss the project, if necessary, make the necessary measurements and photos. If you are going to make an interior, the first step is to go to the object and take all the dimensions of the room.
- Stage 2. Drawing a floor plan. The second stage is the easiest and fastest. When you have all the necessary dimensions, you sit down at your computer and begin to draw a floor plan. It is more convenient and faster to do this in some design programs, for example, AutoCAD. Although you can, of course, build an accurate plan in 3D Max. These are essential project management tools for architecture engineers.
- Stage 3. Creating a room box. Before embodying the interior design idea, it is necessary to build a room box. The box of the room consists of all walls with window and door openings, floor and ceiling, baseboards and cornices, beams, and columns. Creating a room box is an essential step in creating a project. This step will require you to know various wall-building techniques and a little practice.
- Stage 4. Furnishings. Filling a room with furniture, accessories and other interior elements is the most important stage of any project. For this, everything was started.
The essence of this stage is to show the idea of the designer. When you add curtains, furniture, accessories to the room, it will already be possible to show the customer a draft version.
- Stage 5. Selection and appointment of materials. The fifth stage is closely related to the fourth. Usually, these stages are mixed, i.e. if a new interior element is added, then the material is immediately assigned to it.
It is the materials that give the realism of the final picture. At this stage, you will have to work hard and look for suitable textures, you may have to draw something yourself, scan something.
- Stage 6. Light staging. The most difficult and most crucial stage. A poorly placed light can ruin everything (as well as a bad angle). Even a professional can spend several hours setting the light. It is necessary to provide for all light sources that will be in a real room and simulate them. It is at this stage that the 3D artist manifests himself as a creative person. In each project, the production of light is a novelty.
No projects are alike. If you give several renderers the same scene and ask them to put on the lights, then the results will be completely different. Light plays a vital role in both the interior and exterior.