HomeNews370MW solar park in Angola begins receiving PV modules

370MW solar park in Angola begins receiving PV modules

Solar products company Q Cells is set to equip the largest portion of the 370MW solar park in Angola. The company has already started shipping large quantities of photovoltaic (PV) modules for what it says is the “backbone” of the solar park in Angola .

The company, which has dual headquarters in South Korea and Germany, is supplying a total of 287.1MW of modules of the Q.PEAK L-G4.5 model for two of the seven individual solar parks that will form the cluster. More specifically, it will equip a 188MW facility in the commune of Biopio, Benguela province, and another plant in the same province.

Funding
Search for construction leads
  • Region/Country

  • Sector

According to Q Cells, a consortium of Swedish and South African lenders, with coverage from Swedish and South Korean ECAs, have financed the project. In particular, the Swedish Export Credit Corporation (SEK) has arranged an export credit line that covers 85% of the total cost. It is guaranteed by the Swedish Export Credit Agency (EKN) and arranged by ING Bank. The remaining 15% are bankrolled by South African lender DBSA.

Portugal-based engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) firm MCA will realise the project, having worked with Sunafrica on its development. The first of the seven solar farms is expected to enter into service by the third quarter of 2022.

Also Read: Seychelles commissions solar-power-plants at Astove & Farquhar islands

About Q Cells

Q Cells is a leading global solar company constantly exploring new approaches and technologies at their four state-of-the-art R&D centers in Germany, Korea, China and Malaysia. Their heavy investments and deep commitment to R&D continue to advance the products and manufacturing methods. At its diverse R&D locations, Q CELLS employs a unique combination of R&D, pilot productions, and testing to develop and apply innovative manufacturing methods for high-tech products.

If you have a remark or more information on this post please share with us in the comments section below

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here