HomeNewsConstruction milestone achieved for CMA Terminals Khalifa Port, Abu Dhabi

Construction milestone achieved for CMA Terminals Khalifa Port, Abu Dhabi

The installation of the first block for the CMA Terminals Khalifa Port has successfully been done. The installation of the project’s first block was successfully carried out by AD Ports Group. The firm managed to install the 90-tonne block for the 1,200-metre quay wall. The wall will eventually include more than 6,000 blocks.

Upon completion, the terminal’s 19m deep berth pocket will be able to accommodate the world’s largest container vessels. Other facilities under development include a 3,500-metre offshore detached breakwater. There is also a fully built-out rail platform integrated with Etihad Rail and a 1-million-square-meter terminal yard.

Search for construction leads
  • Region/Country

  • Sector

Want to view building projects in Nairobi only?Click here

Also Read: Construction of the 1st Electric Vehicle (EV) Assembly Facility in Abu Dhabi in the offing

With a total budget capital expenditure of US $898.4 million, the CMA Terminals Khalifa Port is expected to be operational by the first half of 2025. The facility will be under the management of a joint venture that is owned by CMA Terminals with 70% ownership. The group is a subsidiary of the global shipping and logistics giant CMA CGM. On the other hand, AD Ports will have 30% ownership.

Remarks on the milestone achieved for CMA Terminals Khalifa Port

Speaking on this milestone, Michael Lund Hansen, CEO of CMA Terminals Khalifa Port, said that it is an important moment for the company and its partners.

The Chief Executive Officer of AD Ports Group on the other hand also spoke about the project. Said Al Mazrouei said that the project will significantly boost the economy of the United Arab Emirates. Moreover, the Chief Executive Officer said that the CMA Terminals Khalifa Port will create and serve as a major hub for CMA CGM.

If you are working on a project and you'd like it featured in our blog. We'll be happy to do so. Please send us pictures and a descriptive article to [email protected]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here