HomeNewsConstruction of Turkish Industrial Complex in Nakuru, Kenya, commences

Construction of Turkish Industrial Complex in Nakuru, Kenya, commences

Vineyard Wind 1, the Largest Offsho...
Vineyard Wind 1, the Largest Offshore Wind Farm Project in the USA

A US$ 760M project for the construction of a Turkish Ceramic, Granite and Tiles Special Economic Zone (SEZ) or rather Turkish Industrial Complex in Nakuru county, Kenya, has begun.

Developed by Turkish Industry Holding the project involves the construction of a total of six factories. The factories will mostly produce high-end construction materials, forestry, furniture, and cleaning products for export. 

Search for construction leads
  • Region/Country

  • Sector

These products include medium-density fiberboard (MDF), a raw material for the furniture industry, and granite and ceramic tiles. Additionally, the complex will produce, cement, steel, aluminium profile, tissue paper, sanitary towels, and towel napkins.

Plans and expectations for the project

The (MDF and cement plants will be manufacturing 30% of products for the local market. The remaining 70% will be for export to regional and global markets including Europe and the US. This is according to the Turkish Industry Holding‘s board chairman Mehmet Coskun,

The construction of the Turkish Ceramic, Granite and Tiles SEZ is taking place on 100 acres site. It is expected to be completed in 30 months. Moreover, an Sh60 billion economic boost is expected from the SEZ. A total of 500 containers and more of various items will be exported from Naivasha through the port of Mombasa each day, according to Mr. Coskun.

Appointment of the VP of the Turkish Industrial Complex in Nakuru

Also Read: Plans in for Construction of WHO Regional Operations & Logistics Center in Kenya

Turkish Industry Holdings Vice President Abdulhakim Alici recently announced the appointment of the Vice President of the Turkish Ceramic, Granite and Tiles SEZ.

Mr. Mwaniki Munuhe, a 36-year-old Kenyan was appointed to this position. He will reportedly oversee the company’s African operations as it seeks to establish the largest construction materials factory in the region. 

If you need more information on this project. Current status, project team contacts etc. Please contact us

(Note this is a premium service)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here