The Government of Mozambique has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Energy For All (Proenergia), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. Therefore The FUNAE – Fundo de Energia invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: Feasibility studies and draft projects for 11 photovoltaic mini grids, preparation of bidding documents and technical assistance during the tender. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: (www.funae.co.mz) under the tab “public tenders” or can be obtained at the address given below.
The shortlisting evaluation criteria
- Experience with rural distribution systems and costing, and knowledge of renewable generation systems covering detailed engineering design, tendering, procurement and/or construction
- Knowledge on international best practices pertaining the design and deployment of mini grids
- Successful completion of feasibility studies and similar assignments in the developing countries context
- Demonstrated expertise in renewable generation systems, in particular with technologies for solar generation and battery storage systems, and experience with power distribution transactions
- Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment. Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality And Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: 07:30 to 15:30. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below or through e-mail by 19/05/2020.
Nome: FUNAE – Fundo de Energia – Sede
Endereço: Rua da Imprensa Nº256, Portas 610-618; Telefone: (+258) 304717/ 21304720
Fax: (+258) 21309228; E-mail: [email protected]