Getting the lowest priced cement is one of the key factors that can lower the overall cost of a building project. The price of cement in Nigeria keeps on fluctuating due to some different factors. These factors that include: High maintenance costs of manufacturing machines, high distribution costs of the product, erratic power supply which calls for expensive alternative power sources and the ever changing government policies; put manufacturers in tough spots when it comes to pricing their products.
Nigeria’s dominant cement manufacturers and their market share
In recent times the dominant cement manufacturers have been accused of raising rises indiscriminately causing construction activity to slow. Efforts by government to curb the trend have not borne fruit. The thre key payers are:
Dangote Market share 60% cement market share
Lafarge Africa 20% cement market share
BUA Cement 17% cement market share
The prices of cement in Nigeria depends on the particular manufacturer to some extent. Below is an indication of the current prices of key cement brands available in the market today.
Dangote Cement 3,270 Naira
Elephant Cement 3,250 Naira
Ashaka Cement 3,250 Naira
Ibeto Cement 3,250 Naira
Eagle Cement 3,250 Naira
BUA Cement 3,250 Naira
UNICEM 3,250 Naira
Cement prices in some of the states in Nigeria
- Port Harcourt the price of cement is 4,500 Naira
- Bono State the price of cement is 4,900 Naira
- Bayelsa State the price of cement is 3,800 Naira
- Bauchi State the price of cement is 3,500 Naira
- Kano State the price of cement is 3,750 Naira
- Osun State the price of cement is 4,300 Naira
- Uyo in Akwa Ibom the price of cement is 3,900 Naira
- Ogun State the price of cementprice is 4,200 Naira
- Kogi State the price of cement is 4,000 Naira
- Taraba State the price of cement is 3,500 Naira
It is therefore safe to say that on average, the price of cement in Nigeria is 3,500 to 4,000 Naira. It has however important to note that the price of cement is not the same in all parts of Nigeria. Prices in high profile places like Lagos and Abuja is slightly higher as compared to low profile places.
Write a comment below and let us know what is the price of cement in your region.