Angola’s southeastern Cuando Cubango province is set to benefit from Namibia’s power supply following collaborative efforts for the same between the two countries.
According to the Minister of Energy and Water, João Baptista Borges while speaking in Menongue, Namibia will soon increase the supply of electricity to the border municipalities of Calai, Cuangar and Dirico.
The Angolan minister of Energy and Water, João Baptista Borges said the power supply will be beneficial in curbing power shortage that has been facing Menongue, Cuando Cubango province.
The Minister said his department enjoyed a partnership with Namibia, which will facilitate the supply of power to the regions mentioned. The Minister was speaking while inaugurating a water abstraction, treatment and distribution system in the area.
Baptista Borge said his Namibian counterpart has agreed to increase the supply of power to Angola.
- NAWEC seals 30MW power supply contract with Karpower in Gambia
- Nine renewable energy projects connected to National grid in Namibia
- Kenya Power to enhance supply quality to support manufacturing
- Namibia launches renewable energy project in Zambezi
- Angola to receive US $1m grant for renewable energy investments