How to Register with the Engineering Institution of Zambia

How to Register with the Engineering Institution of Zambia

The Engineering Institution of Zambia was re-established under the EIZ Act No. 17 of 2010 for the purpose of promoting and regulating the engineering profession. Under regulation it provides for the registration of engineering organizations and regulates their professional conduct.

Key activities of the EIZ include:

  1. Regulating the engineering practice through registration and licensing (compulsory through the EIZ Act)
  2. Providing support for Continuing Professional Development through learning opportunities (conferences, symposia, for a, meetings and workshops etc)
  3. Publishing professional journals and magazines
  4. Providing networks for professionals to meet and discuss their field of expertise
  5. Enforcing a code of Ethics to guide professional behavior
  6. Dealing with complaints against professional’s and implement disciplinary procedures through the Disciplinary Code
  7. Providing career support and opportunities for youths
  8. Accrediting engineering programs

If one would like to apply to be admitted as a Fellow:

A person may, on application to the Institution, be admitted as a Fellow if that person:-

(a) is a Professional Engineer of the Institution or has fulfilled the conditions for such membership;

(b) Has attended an appropriate university, college or school and holds a degree or other   qualification acceptable to the Engineering Council for this class of membership;

(c) at or not more than one year before the time of making his or her application for admission as a Fellow, the applicant is or has been:-

(i) engaged for not less than ten years in a position of superior responsibility in the   administration, design, execution or operation of such important work as in the opinion of the Engineering Council is within the practice of professional engineering or an allied discipline; or

(ii) in practice as a consultant in is or her own account for not less than ten years and has    acquired eminence in the profession; or

(iii) lecturing or teaching at such university, institute or school in such responsible position and for such length of time of not less than ten years; or

(iv) Engaged in research of any approved nature for not less than ten years.

(d) has prepared and presented a Technical Paper at either an Institutional or other recognized event or published a paper in a recognized technical journal.

Their applications forms  can be found on their website




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here