The City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality in South Africa, is set to restore about 90% of power to the affected areas in Pretoria East following the Wapadrand substation fire which affected a number of suburban areas.
“We are currently busy restoring power to Equestria and parts of Silver Lakes. The gradual restoration that is already underway is expected to take up to two hours to be completed‚” said Selby Bokaba the municipal spokesperson.
Bokata noted that cable theft at Shere has thwarted plans of restoring power to the area. However, there is a team already laying the cable‚ excavation has already began and the joint will be done during the day on.
Furthermore, the main feeder cable from Wapadrand to Koedoeberg substations had also been repaired. There is still need to fix two cable faults in Faerie Glen and replace a feeder cable to Shere rural lines.
“With electricity you can’t be certain. We will strive to restore power to all the outstanding consumers during the course of the day. We also wish to express our sincere apology to the inconvenienced consumers,” he said.
Bokaba urgued individual households who are still experiencing power failures in certain areas to send an SMS to 44676 with their account numbers.
- Ethiopia secures US $97.79m AfDB funding to boost power infrastructure
- Ketraco guarantees stable power in the next four years
- Tanzania’s grid power reaches to approximately 70% of the population
- Kenya Power to receive US $30m funding for the Last Mile Connectivity Project
- Sierra Leone to construct Bumbuna II Power project