Home Professional Associations How to join the Association of Consulting Architects Nigeria

How to join the Association of Consulting Architects Nigeria

The Association of Consulting Architects Nigeria (ACAN) is a professional body that represents consultant architects in private practice in Nigeria. The body aims to represent architectural practice, registered with the Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON).

The Association’s main agenda is to advance architecture and its practice in various ways.

Membership requirements

Members of the Association of Consulting Architects must be registered with the Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON). Each firm is represented by two members, one of which must be a Principal Partner or Director and a member of Nigeria Institute of Architects (NIA) and also registered with the Architects Registration Council Of Nigeria (ARCON).

Firms also need to be corporate with at least 60% local architects registered by NIA and ARCON. The remaining 40% can be held by professionals in the building industry who are members of professional bodies established by an act of the National Assembly of Nigeria.

Before joining the association, member firms are required to show proof of their professional work. Finally, members are required to pay a one-time registration fee followed by annual subscription fees.

Members’ benefits

The Association’s main objective is to improve quality as well as reliability in architecture in Nigeria. Members are entitled to benefits like;

  • Access to a Specialist Service Directory which allows members to identify and promote their work.
  • Firms that sign up can use the association’s logo and indicate their membership to the association.
  • Members also have direct access to ACANigeria Business Advisory Helpline.
  • Members also get a Professional Indemnity Insurance Scheme.
  • There is also a periodic newsletter sent to members to keep them updated on matters that affect their profession.
  • Members also get priority to attend conferences and seminars on matters of common interest as well as those that affect their practice.
  • Member firms also get a chance to exhibit their work from time to time.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here