Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers to hold a training event
The Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers is set to hold a training event at the UIRI Conference Hall targeting all Engineers and other Infrastructure Professionals both National and International.
VENUE: UIRI Conference Hall, Kyambogo
DATES: 24th – 26th August, 2016 (8.30a.m-5.30p.m)
TRAINING FEE: UGX450, 000 per pax
- Gain insight into the principles and practices of infrastructure development contracts
- Have an improved awareness of the legal consequences of their actions
- Learn the essentials of engineering and construction contracts
- Discover the differences between the PPDA, World Bank, AfDB and FIDIC standard form of contracts
- Get an overview of the structure of FIDIC family of contracts and the correct use of the green, red, yellow, silver and white books.
- Acquire knowledge on how to select the appropriate form of contract for your projects
- Explore ways of drafting well-structured contract documents
- Understand the preparation of contract agreements and contract data and the roles and responsibilities of the employer, the engineer/project manager and the contractor
- Analyse and understand the roles, responsibility and authority of the engineer/project manager and the engineer’s representative
- Study time management, instructions, variations, supplementary agreements, and claims.
- Develop an understanding of dispute avoidance and resolution process under PPDA, World Bank, AfDB and FIDIC forms of contract.
The objectives on the institution include;
- To hold meetings of the Institution for reading and discussing communications, bearing upon engineering or the application thereof, or upon subjects relating thereto.
- To co-operate with Universities, other educational institutions and public educational authorities for the furtherance of education and training in engineering science and practice.
- To initiate research programmes and to co-operate with Government, private research Institutions and private individuals in promoting research into engineering science and technology.
- To print, publish, sell, lend or distribute the proceedings or reports of the Institution or any papers, communications, works or treaties on engineering or its application or subjects connected therewith.
- To do all other things, which the Council of the Institution may think proper, including advising Government, Public Bodies and other organisations or individuals on matters concerning engineering.
- To do all other things incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.
Payment should be made in full, before commencement of the Training directly to UIPE bank account No. 9030005841819in Stanbic Bank (Metro Branch). Payments can also be made by MTN Mobile Money using the code UIPE.
Telephone: +256 414 287292
Email: [email protected]