Morocco’s leading construction company Travaux Generaux de Construction de Casablanca in conjunction with by China Railway Construction Corp (CRCC) is set to construct Africa’s tallest high-rise tower in Morocco’s capital Rabat.
Travaux Generaux de Construction de Casablanca together with the Chinese company won the bid to construct what would be Africa’s tallest high-rise tower dubbed Rabat Tower.
CRCC confirmed that it will take responsibility for 60% of the project while their Moroccan partners will handle the other 40%.
The mega development project will be a 250-meter-tall skyscraper and would cost a whopping US$375 million. The total designed floor space is 86,000 square meters.
According to reports, Rabat Tower will be a 45-storey tower, which adopts ecological and sustainable design concepts. It will include offices, hotels and luxury apartments.
The building will be the highlight of a large-scale project to develop the capital’s Bouregreg valley, a key component of the 2014-2018 Integrated Development Program dubbed “Rabat, City of Light, and Moroccan Cultural Capital.”
To add onto that, the new project will also encompass several innovative facilities, including the Grand Theatre of Rabat, the Arts and Culture House, the National Archives of the Kingdom of Morocco, the Archaeological Museum, a multiplex cinema, a sculpture gallery, a marina, an art hotel, a marina hotel, a mall and a business center.
Travaux Generaux de Construction de Casablanca is one of the largest contractors in Morocco.
The Skyscrapper is owned by one of Morocco’s top billionaires Othmane Benjelloun through his Paris-based money management firm, FinanceCom Asset Management.
Benjelloun is also chairman of BMCE bank, the largest in Africa with operations in more than 20 countries. The billionaire is also planning to build a 30-story rocket-shaped tower that will loom over Casablanca.
- Construction works on Africa’s tallest building set to commence
- Morocco competes to be the renewable energy leader in Africa
- Phase 1 of Morocco’s US $190m Al Houara project to be complete soon
- New state-of-the-art wastewater facility opened in Morocco
- Morocco to Build more Dams to help in water scarcity