HomeCORPORATE NEWSLarsen & Toubro secures a turnkey EPC Contract for Sudair Solar PV...

Larsen & Toubro secures a turnkey EPC Contract for Sudair Solar PV Project, Saudi Arabia

The Renewables arm of Larsen & Toubro’s Power Transmission & Distribution Business has secured a turnkey EPC Contract, from the consortium of ACWA Power and the Water and Electricity Holding Company (a subsidiary of the Public Investments Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF)), for Sudair Solar PV Project.

Coming up in Riyadh Province, the project has a 30.8 square kilometer land parcel available to install a total capacity of 1.5GW PV Solar modules with associated single axial tracker and inverters.

Search for construction leads
  • Region/Country

  • Sector

This project is considered the Largest Solar Plant in Saudi Arabia with PPA signed and it is also one of the largest such plants in the world.

As part of Saudi Arabia’s National Renewable Energy Program (NREP), Sudair Solar PV Project is spearheaded by Public Investment Fund (PIF) and its partner, ACWA Power. It is part of the 70% of the target capacity of 58.7 GW of the Kingdom assigned to PIF, while the Renewable Energy Project Development Office (REPDO) would undertake competitive tendering for the remaining 30%, as announced by the Ministry of Energy back in 2019.

A global technology player for solar plants

“With several GWs of solar EPC experience, L&T has emerged as a global technology player for solar plants, said Mr. S. N. Subrahmanyan, CEO & Managing Director, Larsen & Toubro.

“L&T has been a provider of EPC services for several green projects in recent years. We are India’s largest EPC Company to build hydel power plants, the largest market player to build nuclear power plants with a total capability of 9360 MWe, including some ongoing projects, on an EPC turnkey basis with the capacity to make important critical components like steam turbines, generators, end shields, and other critical equipment. We also have the largest market share of the Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) units for fossil fuel power plants.

Also Read: Saudi Arabia to construct the world’s largest battery storage facility

L&T has over 2.1 GW of Utility-Scale Solar projects commissioned and is also operating and maintaining several of them. We have a diversified renewable portfolio of 32MW Floating Solar Power Plants, 135 MWH of Battery Energy Storage projects, 500 Micro Grids, and 14000 Solar Water Pumps.

L&T is also working on potential solutions related to Green Hydrogen and Carbon Capture & Storage technologies. Securing this project is a major milestone in our clean and green energy path to fight the climate crisis that the world faces,” he added.

Aim to become a pioneer in Renewable Energy

Commenting on the development, Mr. T. Madhava Das, Whole-Time Director & Senior Executive Vice President (Utilities), L&T said “KSA aims to become a pioneer in Renewable Energy and we are happy to be a part of this journey. We have been building efficient power transmission and distribution networks with modern substations and transmission lines in this region for more than 2 decades. This is yet another recognition of our capabilities to construct mega projects to speed and scale”.

If you have a remark or more information on this post please share with us in the comments section below

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here